Strayer University realizes that taking courses online may be a new experience for some students, and we want you to have all of the tools and resources you need at your fingertips to ensure your success.
This section has been created to provide our students with access to a wealth of material to assist them with their online academic endeavors. Here you will find links to the Online Help Center and the Learning Resources Center, as well as important information about our attendance policies and student support personnel. In addition, we will provide you with tips to help you with communication with your professor, time management, and writing pointers.
Click on the links below and scroll down to learn more.
- Resources and Policies
- Online Help Center
- Learning Resources Center
- Attendance Policies
- Student Support Team
- Online Tutoring
- Tools for Academic Success
All Strayer University courses are worth 4.5 credits, and we suggest that you alot at least four to six hours per week to complete the coursework for each of your classes. This block of time includes the class lecture as well as time to complete your homework. All tests and quizzes will require a separate amount of time for completion. Depending on the subject area, you may find that you require more or less time to complete your work.
Ideal Study Environments
We all know what works best for us as far as learning is concerned. When picking a place to study, keep the following points in mind:
- Is it quiet?
- Will I be distracted here?
- Are there learning resources available to me?
- Is my computer situated in a place which will allow for me to spread out my textbooks and notes?
- Do I have my professor and academic advisor's contact information readily available in case a question arises?
Once you have chosen your learning environment, you are ready to follow through on your course expectations. We suggest that you take a few minutes each week to read the syllabus to make sure you know what tasks are required. Answering the following questions will ensure that you have completed all assignments for your class.
- Did I read through the course syllabi thoroughly?
- Do I understand the assignment deadlines, policy on late assignments, what to do if I have an emergency or computer issues?
- Did I look to see if there are any weekly announcements?
- Did I complete my weekly lecture?
- Did I complete the necessary reading?
- Have I taken the assigned test or quiz?
- Have I completed all weekly homework?
- Have I posted all of my assignments for my professor's review?
- Have I participated in the weekly discussions?
Scheduling Time for Class/Discussion
We all have time constraints and responsibilities outside of the classroom. For this reason, it is important to schedule time for our studies each week. Please visit some of the following external Web sites to learn more about effective time management skills.
Note Regarding Third Party Content: The resources listed below and elsewhere on this website contain links to third party websites as a convenience in locating information and services for our users. The existence of these links is not to be construed as an endorsement by Strayer University of the content of any of these external sites, nor does Strayer University take any responsibility for the content, the accuracy of the information and/or the quality of products or services provided by or advertised on these third-party websites. Strayer University disclaims, to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, any and all liability and responsibility for any claims or damage that may arise as a result the use of any websites maintained by third parties and linked to the Strayer University website. Any link to websites not controlled by Strayer University are not subject to Strayer University’s privacy notice, and users are advised to read the privacy policies of any third-party sites accessed through this site. Users should also contact the third party site owner for additional information or support for the products listed on those sites.